Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blog Post Assignment #3

1. Peer Editing


What is Peer Editing? &
Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial show what it means to peer editing and how to do peer editing. This video explains how to do peer editing by sounds and exact outline while This power point elaborates on it with more examples. 
This power point provides me practices to peer editing to improve my skill to peer editing. Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes shows me elementary students provides wrong examples of expression to peer review. I could learned what is wrong advise and how I should how to tell my classmates to change their writing better.
Learning
 by three steps to peer editing and things to remember
 from this video and  this power point helps me when I will comment for my classmates although I did not know what it means to peer editing and how to do it.

Actually, I learned three steps to peer editing, compliments, suggestions, and corrections with some examples on each step. In the first step, compliments, I have to stay positive. I should think of how I would feel if someone tell me what needed to be improved in my writing. I learned I should always start peer editing with compliments by telling classmates what I they do well. These sites provided me examples of expression of compliments, so it easy for me to comment for classmates accurately and encourage them attempt to change to their writing. In the second steps, suggestion, I learned I should stay positive and be specific when I give some specific ideas how to make classmates' writing with some examples of expressions of suggestions. Additionally I learned I can make suggestions to some points such as word choice, using details, organization, sentences, topics. I think I have to need more language skills to make suggestion. In the third steps, corrections, I learned I can check and correct my classmates' writing at several points such as missing punctuation, grammar mistakes, incomplete or run-on sentences, and/or spelling mistakes.



2-a. Technology in Special Education


Lacey Cook is a special education teacher and show success technology in special education. 
She said technology help students participation. Her students are many of whom are nonverbal and have physical and cognitive limitations. Without technology life can be difficult for teachers and students because her students can not concentrate to read without any technology in her class. Using various technology such as laptops, iPod, PowerPoint presentations has positive changes to teaching and learning process.

She provide some students to demonstrate technology in special education classroom. First, Corbin could not attend in silent reading class because he went to the hallway and needed assistant for him to read his books. However, iPod touch audio books help him to take silent reading exciting, effective, independent, and best of all Corbin and to attend with his classmates. Importantly, he can not only take silent reading effective but also join with his classmates and attend to classes together by using technology. This communication to his classmates is important for student. 
Second, a few continuous students are autistic who have difficulty with making a communication, speaking and writing. Kris, the first student, used "word board" which is too hard for him to use. In contrast, he enjoy computer. It is sometimes difficult for teachers to understand what he want to say but he can talk to teachers better when he uses a computer. In addition, other students can communicate with teachers and students, read, write, and participate to class better when they use technology like laptops and PowerPoint presentation by teachers.



2-b. How the iPad Works with Academics for Autism


First, I will teach in Japan after graduating here, so I found the app which I can teach English as second language for students in special education classroom because children have to learn English and complete it as second language for their future in Japan.
"Adventure For Kids"  is an app that I found for the affordable price of $3.99 on iTunes. This app can help children get interest in studying English and improve their hearing and speaking skills through the game. This app has a variety of category such as space, farm, city, zoo, and so on. Through the game, my students can be eager to learn English and study it more. By the use of repetitive sound and visual imagery, they can hear and read until they can learn vocabulary completely. I will be able to help children develop a basic English vocabulary, word relationship with themed adventure category, increased retention skills through the use of repetitive visual imagery and sound, and improved hand-eye coordination by the use of "Adventure for Kids."






Vicki Davis had a small school in rural Georgia. She is a teacher and IT director. She can use every kind of technology. She can teach wikis, blogs, podcast, virtual world. She focus on teaching how students are learning software, using Wiki, having their blog effectively, collaborating effectively, so she help her students use any technology comfortably. In her class, students can learn virtual life program which help teaching. So many teachers think it know everything before we can teach. Absolutely, the wrong thing is thing.
Students can learn researching, writing, posting through digital coders. By the use of technologies,  students and teachers can be up blog and share ideas. 


In addition, she creates Flat Classroom Project. On this project, students lets study in experience trans information of technology by creativity, report to other students, and creating a video. by this project, they experience trans and  learn about tans in them worldwide. Therefore, she got connection to the world and she got children the whole new perspective and possibility what's out there. she believe that all the ideas of sought trans to school are up and down there in power students share with one another.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Keiko,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I really like the app you found to help students in Japan become more fluent in English. I would like to find a similar app to help American children become fluent in a second language. I did find several mistakes throughout your post. There were several times you added "ing" and it was not necessary. I also noticed some capitalization errors. There were also some word choices that seemed out of place.

    You mentioned in part one of the assignment that you," need more language skills to make suggestion"; I am guessing that is the reason for some of your mistakes. If you have time to check out Purdue OWL, it is a great resource that may help you with you writing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete