Monday, November 5, 2012

Blog Post Assignment #11

Little Kids...Big Potential




Kathy Cassidy is a 1st grade teacher in Moose Jaw, Canada and teaches her students technology literate there. She merged technology into her curriculum to help her students acquire skills whose they are going to need to continue to learn in life time. I really enjoyed watching “theSkype interview with Kathy Cassidy” and I was inspired. It proved that a teacher can make a difference. She could choose to integrate technology with her classroom teaching and initiate change. She was not forced to bring technology into her classroom by anyone. That means she decided to and wanted to combine technology with her teaching in the classroom by herself. What she wanted to say is teachers should be willing to make choices by focusing on their students. It may allow them to succeed in and out of the classroom. She cared enough of her students. She decided to help herself, research, and find ways to make the use of available technology for her by herself. The age or grade did not matter in her classroom because technology is available for all aged students. I was impressed by her because her choice to teaching and using technology in her classroom depended on needs of her students. I think she is the mirror of a great teacher because she thought great and primary deal of her students as teacher.






After watching videos, I would like to use and have a classroom blog with my students in the future. In my EDM310’s experiences, I think creating blog posts and projects is great way for students to learn technology tools, display students’ progress to learn and achieve, get their feedback sooner, get confirmation for their works. In addition, students can get many comments from people who use internet in the world. It encourages them to keep up their great work and learn technology tools more although students without technology are encouraged by just parents, teachers, and friends. It also helps them accomplish their goals.



Pictures:

2 comments:

  1. Keiko,

    Great job on your blog post. I really enjoyed reading it. I didn't really find any grammatical errors and your topics flowed smoothly into one another. I agree with you about blog posts. They can definitely help students learn more about technology and the different ways it can be used. I've learned that technology is not something that is bad. It's taken some time for me to get used to all the change that is taking place in our world with the advancements of technology, but I now see all the good that technology has to offer. Great job on your post!

    Ashley Zaworski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keiko,

    GREAT POST! Your grammar is really good and the post itself is very clear, easy to read and understand. You included everything you were supposed to when writing a quality blog post. When I first started EDM310 I thought that the class sounded like a hassle. The thought of using all of this technology that I was already familiar with seemed futile. Now that I have almost finished the class I feel like I am graduating with a degree in Classroom Technology and it's uses! This class has changed my entire thoughts on teaching and how I want to educate! Overall you have a wonderful post here and I wish you the best of luck in your teaching endeavors!

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete