Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blog Post Assignment #9


I read two blog posts of his four posts, What I Learned This Year (2010-11) and What I Learned This Year (2011-12). “At the Teacher’s Desk” is created by Mr. Joe McClung. He started the series of “What I Learned This Year” after his first year of teaching to give his feedback for audiences during the year. His annual reflections for his experiences and performances were great and I think they may encourage young or new teachers to grow up as a teacher. Additionally, they help educators and students who want to be a teacher grow professionally and become stronger spiritually, emotionally, behaviorally, mentally, physically.

First, I read What I Learned This Year (2010-11). I like "Don't Touch The Keyboard", the part of Mr. McClung's blog (2011). In “Don’t Touch The Keyboard” he talked about Mrs. Barron known as my classroom mom. She was tea support trainer. I agree with what Mrs. Barron said about never touch the keyboard when training a new employee. He said this also apply to teaching. Teachers can get into their hands and do the works for students when they teach their students a task and it is difficult for them to complete the task. Importantly, what he wanted to focus on is students will have fully never mastered the skills if teachers are substitute for them by doing their works. It is important for students to face problems in their works and struggle with them before completing because this is going to help them exceed. I believe students can grow and acquire various skills when they encounter some problems, critically think of them, and make themselves clear about them without giving up. This process is necessary and important for them to succeed to develop their skills. Educators can give just assists by asking questions, leading, giving them hints, and/or  just saying whether the work is correct or not.

Next, I read  What I Learned This Year (2011-12). In “You Gotta Dance With Who You Brought to the Dance”, during this year, he were wondering how he was viewed as an educator not only by his students and superiors but by his peers and whether he was approved by them. This bothered him and influenced his mood. He have decided that he try not to change himself according to his peers’ recognition because he is not positively influenced by suffering from perceiving his peers’ valuations. It is important for him to focus on whether he can take care of his ids and he and they can enjoy class. I agree with him! I think it is no matter how educators are looked at by others including colleagues, superiors, and public. Educators should always teach and act for students and should think of what affects students positively and leads their success.

I think his annual posts are his precious feedback for his works and his thoughts about his work and teaching. They help him improve his teaching and grow professionally as a teacher. It is important for him and us to primarily focus on students and give them fun to learn. In addition, they prevent him from being burn out although teachers may be sometimes burn out.








Picture: http://ruthcatchen.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/clipart12.jpg



2 comments:

  1. Keiko,

    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I noticed some issues with grammar such as incorrect tense of words. For example, "He said this also apply to teaching" should be, "He said this also applies to teaching." You made some good comments about Mr. McClung's blog and I can definitely tell you have found it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keiko,
    I thought that your post was well written; although, I do have a few suggestions for the grammar errors that I found. In the second paragraph, I think that you meant to say "She was the support trainer" and not "She was tea support trainer." I also found "He said this also apply to teaching" and I believe that you were trying to say "He also said that this applies to teaching". I liked that you pointed out the major topics in each section of each blog post, it was just those small issues that I had found that I believed could have been phrased better by proofreading before submitting. Also, like the other classmates have pointed out in previous comments, your alt and title modifiers need to be correct and can be found in the Project section in the Manual.
    Take care,
    Alecia Baxter

    ReplyDelete